Wednesday, February 2, 2011

THE SCOOP ON POOP (and cloth diapers)

oh, look at my lil' pumkin-cupcake in her soft lil' cloth diaper!
(the umbilical cord never seems to fall off soon enough...ha ha ha...it just looks so...like a branch that hurts...I know it has no feeling, but I bet you can feel if that "branch-like" thing poking in your tummy!)

WHAT DOES BABY POOP SMELL LIKE TO ME:
buttered popcorn (BUT THAT'S only if you are breastfeeding. Breastfed babies have mustardy colored poop, that strangely has a "sweet" smell...well, like buttered popcorn!ha ha) babies who drink formula...their poop plain stinks! ha ha ha

WHY I CHOSE CLOTH DIAPERS:
I'd like to say I did it to be green, and eco-friendly...which is a great bonus..(not filling up our landfills with millions of diapers that won't decompose! yuck!)
BUT really I just did it because it's better for baby...
(I used Huggies on all my other babies...and thought, it's time for a change....I'm gonna be a cloth-diaperin' mama!)

It takes the same amount of time to change a disposable as it does a cloth diaper.
There is no rinsing or anything...you just throw the diapers in the wash~ breastfed poop is virtually bacteria free and pretty clean, it's pretty much like liquid mustard, not like big people poops! ha ha) hence their is no "smelly odor", that's why it's safe to throw in the washer! (you can always do a quick rinse cycle with bleach and hot water after you've done a load of diapers to kill anything in there!)...I use the ROCKIN' GREEN DIAPER WASH
in CLASSIC ROCK SCENT...diapers smell super clean, and like poop or pee was never even near em!
WHY I AM IN LOVE WITH CLOTH DIAPERING NOW!!
  • VIRTUALLY NO RASHES
  • SO MUCH SOFTER THAN DISPOSABLES
  • No Crying with diaper changes
  • No marks from the disposable diaper "elastic"
  • All natural fabric against baby (you can buy the unbleached and organic cloth diapers too)
  • WAY CHEAPER THAN DISPOSABLES
and no risk of chemical burns from the DRY-MAX filling in disposables
(WARNING: PLEASE DON'T USE PAMPERS with DRY MAX...the NEW "DRY MAX" technology is giving babies chemical burns when it mixes with urine...my midwife already has 2 clients that have baby's with chemical burns from Pampers!)

WHY I CHOSE CLOTH WIPES:
I used disposable wipes and diapers for 2 days after cupcake was born, because of the tar like meconium poop (the waste from everything they've ingested in the womb)...but she screamed at every diaper change, even with the wipe warmer.
CLOTH WIPES are what pediatricians recommend to be gentle enough to help get rid of rashes. Even the most "natural" and "senstive" disposable wipes...are really harsh on baby's brand new, delicate skin.
No MORE crying at diaper changes
Not one rash
And it's great for the environment, that I'm not plowing through plastic boxes of wipes! ha ha ha

My Diaper Changing ESSENTIALS:

BUM BUM BALM - all natural, animal cruelty free, no zinc oxides, naturally antibacterial, and prevents rashes LIKE nothing else I've ever used!

SNAPPI (no more pins...these things are AWESOME! Just as fast as securing a disposable diapers!)
WHY I LOVE THESE:- this is the softest, no crinkley sounding diaper cover...and it has polar fleece around the the tummy and legs...so soft...it doens't leave a mark on the legs or tummy at all. 
Has no awful elastic around the waist or legs to leave red marks!
(I've returned a few different brands before I  even had baby...awful snaps would dig into baby's back, or horrible elastic!) These are the softest!

I haven't had one diaper leak! I've had WAY LESS diaper leaks with the cloth diapers..with disposables...I had poop and pee leaks all the time!

(Green Mountain Diapers is AWESOME, she helped me so much on the phone, and my order came in just a few days!)
I ordered the NEWBORN...but they shrink so much...she's only 10 days old, weighs about 8.5 lbs and they are WAYYYYYY too small!
I should've just ordered the SMALL YELLOW....they should be arriving any day now! ha ha
You have to wash them a several times before using is super hot water, then they get nice and soft.

PRINCE LIONHEART WIPES WARMER & BAMBOO CLOTH Warmies

There is NO COMPARISON to how much better these are than disposable baby wipes! No rashes, no harsh chemicals that even the most "sensitive" & "natural" disposable wipes have! No more crying at diaper changes...and you just toss em in with your load of dirty diapers!
I bought 4 packages of the Bamboo Warmies (I love that they are called "WARMIES")..and that is just enough between diaper loads every few days!
I got mine at Babies R Us.

AND...I always lay out one of these ESPECIALLY FOR BABIES WATER-PROOF PADS...
or more like POOP AND PEE PROOF PADS down...you can wash them...and I got mine at Babies R Us.

DIAPERS & DIAPERS WEBSITES THAT WERE REALLY DISAPPOINTING:
The SPOSOEASY DIAPER...was SPO-SO-AWFUL...
it had a really hard cord of elastic in the back that would definitely leave a bad red mark on baby's back..and was not soft at all, that would be very uncomfy for baby. So I tried to return them BEFORE I even had little cupcake...it's even in one of my videos of me returning them BEFORE I went into labor!
www.nickydiapers.com - I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN...
they say you have 15 days to return unwashed diapers...I returned them way before I had baby, didn't even take the sticker off them...and they sent some back saying they wouldn't return them because they had "stains" on them. I never even touched them other than putting them in a box to ship them back and spend even more money to return them. I was really disappointed in how they handled things. I don't want anyone else to get treated the same way, and stuck with diapers you don't like!

Oh, I think I hear baby waking up....gotta run in my fuzzy socks!

hope you liked this SCOOP on POOP....ha ha
your friend, who's still in her pj's at 5pm...(oh being a mama!).....Kandee

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...