Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Most Un-Glamourous but AMAZING job in the world!



Being a mom is probably one of the hardest jobs in the world!

I remember working on the set of a tv show...18 hour days...and people were complaining about the long hours...and I was like, "are you kidding me? Even an 18 hour day on set, is like a walk in the park compared to day in the life of a mom!"

ha ha ha ha

When you are a mama...your love for your little one...
means that you love them so much you will sacrifice and selflessly give of yourself to make this little one safe, loved, and cared for!

(yes, if this means, that your boobs will swell to the size of basketballs, blister and hurt....after baby is born when your milk comes in....I will do it in order to breast feed my baby!)

Heck....I already went through labor! ha ha ha

If this means putting my dreams on hold....
I'LL DO IT...

because my love for my baby (all my babies) is greater than anything.

Oh Man, did my heart want to EXPLODE when I got the offer to come to NYC for FASHION WEEK, this week...(yes, I'd be leaving tomorrow if I was going!)..even though they said I could bring baby with me...and my mom to help me with her. Really, one of my greatest dreams is to be at fashion week with my mom, since she gave up fashion to be my amazing mama!

(This would be amazing! I haven't left my house in almost 2 1/2 weeks...and day dream of being in NYC!)

I just couldn't imagine taking this precious, new lil' baby through airport security, then on the flight from West coast to East coast (and planes are so germy...all that recycled air)...the time change, and dealing with all the airport and getting around....

and she's so new still!

Our sacrifices will be greatly rewarded...! 

My little cupcake won't be a new baby to cuddle next year....


BUT there will be  Fashion Week next year.

Everything in this life will fade....
the careers, the big events, the parties, the fashion week's...

but the legacy that is left behind is that of a mom (or dad)...
this precious lil' soul that God has blessed me with to love and teach...

this is the GREATEST, most HONORABLE job I could ever have.


No one at the end of their life will say...
"Man I wish I had spent more time working".....
but you will say, 
"oh, if I could just get a few minutes of holding my baby in my arms"...
I still wish I could go back and hold my big Jordan, as a baby in my arms again....


and hear him say, after I told him, "You are the APPLE of my EYE!"....

and he said:

"AND YOU ARE THE CARROT OF ME!"

Maybe next year at fashion week...I can go with all my babies...

until then...I'll be "glamourously" nursing a baby all day.... taking a shower and trying to find any of my clothes that will fit over my "new mommy body"....ha ha ha...and probably wearing only moisturizer on my face...and my hair...well, it's on my head! ha ha ha

but loving my babies every second...your friend in her jammies, Kandee

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...