Friday, October 4, 2013

Why Motherhood is Perfect Imperfection: Starbucks to BMX

My weeks have been crazy since my Blaker started Kindergarten. I drive the kids to school, which I love. We sing songs, Blakey goes over the plans for me to come have lunch with him. Which I've done pretty much every day since he started. I like helping all the kids open their gogurts and poke straws in juice boxes, they are hilarious and make me laugh, but mostly I love being there for my Blakey, who has me kiss both his hands and cheeks before I leave. And blows me kisses from the playground as I walk to the parking lot with Ellie.
I cherish each moment, because as I know how precious these moments are. Jordan is taller than me and a teenager, and he wouldn't dare let me kiss his cheek, let alone be seen with me at lunch time. But to my Blakey, that is his only desire, that I come and eat lunch with him. Time will go to fast, and Blakey will be a teenager and not want me to come have lunch with him, so each day I treasure easch hug, kiss blown through the air, and each "mommy I love you so much".

Internet was out in my area for a few hours, so the above picture is me trying to type my KandeeJ blog with Ellie in my lap in Starbucks. I realized every mom I saw looked frazzled, was chasing after some little person, and looked tired.

No one tells you how tiring being a mom is, or maybe they try, but you don't know until you're chasing after a little one, or you have 2 chasing after each other, or in my case 4, and in other people's cases, too many kids to fit in 6 seater car.

As an example for just how hard it is to get things done, and or to make you feel like you're not alone...the only time I have to write this blog is now, it is 2:45am. I am waiting for more laundry to dry. Laundry has been going ALL day long. I filmed a tutorial that required me to take a second shower today, due to the hair color and spirit gum on my face...I just got out of said shower.
And because I hadn't washed my bathroom towels yet, I had to try with one of Ellie's baby towels, which is like a glorified hand towel, but it did the job.

Tomorrow, I mean in a few hours, I have to get up so we can drive to Blake's big BMX cup race this weekend. There's lil Blake with Ellie...
The car is all packed with everyone's suitcases except mine...
Snacks, blankets, and I'm hoping I remember to put my bag in the car as soon as my clothes are done drying...
No matter how much being a mom feels like "frazzle hood", I would trade any of these frazzled moments...All the noisiness, the "mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I hear, it is the sounds from  the most priceless, precious people that I  love more than anything. No matter how "frazzled" my day may be, I'm honored to be the tired mama that loves these babies so much!

One day, which I'm sure will come too soon, when my house is too quiet, and they are all off doing their own things, and I could have a totally quiet dinner...I will miss their little voices so much, and I'd trade anything to hear their tiny voices echoing off of all the walls...

If you are a mama that is frazzled today, or you know you'll be a mama one day, learn to treasure each crazy moment, each loud moment, each song they sing, no matter how loud...because one day, you'd give anything to hear those little voices that will be all grown up sounding.

Huge hugs to every tired mama- know you are strong, you are the heart, the world, the everything to those little people that call you Mama...

Huge Mama Hugs from this tired Mama to you...your Kandee

*Peek into my other blog HERE.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...