Monday, December 12, 2011

Small things that make me happy...

Small things like new plates, being first at a stop light, and the smell of wet cement make me happy.

My mom was helping me put my dishes away..and said, "I think you might wanna buy a new set of dishes"...not one of my plates really matched.

All my plates were pretty random: some were "hand-me-downs" from my mom, a few I found at Ross or Marshall's, and even an incomplete set of cool vintage looking dishes I got at a thrift store years and years ago. But they weren't mix matched in a cool Anthropolgie kind of way, they were mixed matched in a "are you modern, Asian inspired, shabby chic, 60's vintage, country kitchen, or animal print", kind of "style-confused" way.

THE HUNT FOR NEW DISHES:
The place of choice to hunt: Marshall's
(if you don't know what Marshall's is- it's one of my favorite stores where you can find cool stuff from fancy department stores or designers for super cheap!)
And my mom found these on the clearance aisle! I love them, kind of girly, kind of "quirkly fleur de lis", yet with a modern and graphic twist! (how's that for a description)

AND, THE BEST PART OF ALL....
as you can see they were $2 a plate!!!

That is almost as awesome as Dollar Store prices.

We used them at our Saturday dinner my mom made, Baked Rigatoni with Mozzarella, Bacon, Crispy Sage and Parmesan Breadcrumb Topping - yumtastic!

Alani said she loved eating off of our new fancy plates. And I must say, it was like make-up for our food...it just made it look a little extra special!

huge love and and happy new plates, your kandee


MY "STYLE-FUN" BLOG   *    FACEBOOK    *     TWITTER    *    MY MOMMY YOUTUBE

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...