Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh Christmas Shopping and Fun Strangers

This is the face I make when I'm very seriously, (look at the serious-ness on my face! I mean business!ha ha ha) trying to read, what the hay bales, this stocking stuffer toy is supposed to be (and as you can see, baby loved it)....
It turned out to be some weird bug. Not a fan of creepy bug toys. It stayed at Target where it belonged.

Christmas Shopping Day Breakdown:

1. Way too many people everywhere.

2. Way to many people in line for EVERYTHING...Santa, to buy candies, to buy something at Starbucks, to buy a bottle of water....

3. Realized the trickery of the Babies R Us 20% off coupon that said, 20% one baby item....BUT, you have to read the microscopic print on the back that said, on EVERYTHING EXCEPT BABY TOYS! Found that out at the checkout stand....you tricksters at Babies R Us.

4. When it's Christmas time, and there's only 2 of something that you want to buy, don't say, "I'll come back and get it"...when you come back like I did, it will be gone, sold out, and no more shipments coming in, EVARRRR AGAIN!
 
5. After an entire day of running all over town...not being able to find most everything I was looking for...I had 15 minutes to do all my grocery shopping for all the family that will be coming for Christmas. I WAS RUNNING with my shopping cart through the store. Running...like I was on some game grocery shopping game show.

6. It's funny when the girl bagging my groceries asked: "Do you know a blogger named Kandee Johnson? You look like her..." hee hee hee To which I replied: "YES! I'm her!"...and she told me she actually heard my voice and recognized it first...ahh yess, my mysterious 5 year old, little kid sounding voice...how can anyone miss it?

BUT....my hands down best part of the day was.....
when I was standing in line to buy my grama (her favorite Christmas present), a box of chocolate from See's Candies...and the woman in front of me, a stylish, very thin lady, that looks like she'd never eat the candies from there, asked me: Do you want a chocolate?
Me: "sure..." and as a I reach for the candy...
she says: "You have to just take a bite and out of it, then put the rest back...it's a joke gift I've giving someone"...
I asked her: "are you serious?"....
she said yes....
and everyone in line behind me joined in...it was the best shopping moment I've ever had with strangers!

mugs of hot chocolate, your Kandee

PS... I'm off to get my "Holiday House tour" uploaded today! Can't wait to show you guys!

Read my OTHER BLOG  *  FACEBOOK  * TWITTER   *    MY "Mama" YOUTUBE

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...