Monday, June 24, 2013

Sometimes You Need A Little Country...and Mud Pie:

We headed to one of the oldest towns in Nevada yesterday, Genoa, with my mom and my Nana, who's visiting from our homeland of LA.
It feels like you're inside a postcard.
My precious mama, snuggling with a "getting sleepy" Ellie, yesterday. We headed to the precious town of Genoa with my Nana and my mom. But it was a lot less like summer and more like fall!

I love the smell of fresh pasture grass. It has a sweet smell, that reminds me of when I was a little girl, and we moved from a big city suburb of LA, to our "ranch home" in Nevada. Little did I know, that I would move back to LA, then back to Nevada. Life is funny that way, but something about the smell of that sweet, sumer, grass...well, it's better than perfume to me.


Ellie making a funny face on her "rock chair"


The most adorable antique and treasure store, called Rustic Romance...just begged us to come inside. It' s funny that I used to hate going to look at antiques with my mom and nana, when I was a kid. And now I love it!

How much does this swing, beg you to come sit in it and watch the sunset, with a cold glass of homemade lemonade?


Inside, I saw these beautiful, mercury glass pendant lamps. I don't know if I loved them, or their twig and twinkly lights, that they were hanging from:


We were starving so we headed to get some lunch...and with a sign like: HOWDY PARTNER, it has to be good!

And what was on the radio: Bubba Shot The Jukebox Last Night
You can't get more country than that.

And it was....so good that I had to try their mud pie. I'm a sucker for a good Mud Pie. And this was one of the most amazing, Mud Pies I've ever had:


And then I saw this...
I love you to the moon and back...


and i do...

Huge country hugs from your virtual bff, Kandee


ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...