Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Betty Crocker & Me

6am - wake up
My morning looked something like this - (in no particular order)
put footsie jammies on Blake so he would be warm in the early car ride to Jordan's school....when he saw them he asked me..."me going to seep (sleep)?!?"....right after he just woke up! ha ha ha

We drive Jordan who just wants to eat cereal to school.

I decide that pancakes sound yummy. So I bust out the antique Betty Crocker cookbook, so old that the cover isn't even attached, I think this cookbook is at least as old as me. I remember my mom using it when I was little!
There is the best pancake recipe in here...and my trick is: I only use half the backing powder so they come out more like crepes! Yumzie!
Here's my modified,
BEST PANCAKE IN THE WORLD RECIPE:
beat 1 egg til fluffy
add 1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
and 1 cup of flour
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (I used Canola Oil, it's all I had!) or melted butter
mix together and cook on a hot buttered griddle or pan


then I pour real Organic Maple Syrup....oh my!!!


I love the smell of butter cooking...and as I prepared, buttered, cut, syrup-ed, and put their pancakes on colorful little plates....I thought of all the love that I put into making this breakfast for my little babies...and I thought what a blessing it is that I get to make them "breakfast memories" of mama making them pancakes, and how that smell of buttery pancakes cooking will always remind them of this....and their mama that loves them!


I sat yesterday trying to work on my computer on the bed, while Blakey was resting, trying to fall asleep, and he said, "Mama, me yuv (love) you!".....and stretched my arms open huge and said "I love you so much my arms can't even be big enough to show you!".....he laughed and curled up in my arms...it was the best feeling in the world.


Since my list of things to do today is about 143,473 things long.....I better get moseying... huge love and buttery pancakes....your kandee

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...